Petya Ilieva-Trichkova and Pepka Boyadjieva from the JustEdu project presented the paper: ‘Participation in adult education as a layered process: Reconsidering the effects of social origin and innovation’ at the Adult Education in Global Times (AEGT 2021): International Research Conference. This conference was held on June 3-6, 2021 in Vancouver, The University of British Columbia, Canada.
The conference was carried out for first time virtually. It was a product of a three-year collaboration—rudely interrupted by the COVID global pandemic—between the Canadian Assocation for the Study of Adult Education (CASAE), the Adult Learning and Education Group at the University of British Columbia, and the following seven adult education organizations:
• Adult Education Research Conference (AERC)
• American Association for Adult and Continuing Education (AAACE)
• Adult Learning Australia (ALA)
• European Society for Research on the Education of Adults (ESREA)
• Indian Adult Education Association (IAEA)
• International Society for Comparative Adult Education (ISCAE)
• Standing Conference on University Teaching and Research in the Education of Adults (SCUTREA).
This rare international collaboration offered up more than 200 research presentations representing the work of scholars from more than 40 countries. It attracted in total 460 participants.
More details about the conference are available here:
Adult Education in Global Times: An International Research Conference (AEGT2021) – Department of Educational Studies (ubc.ca)